Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sri Subranaya Acharya has left the crease for the final time……………………

I think this is the best way to express my opinion about the sad demise of Sri Subrahmanya Acharya Mulleria mostly because he loved cricket very much.

[ I would like to pen a few words in English because most of my friends in Mulleria can’t read Malayalam.]

Today morning I was checking my late night and early morning messages in my Phone , I was not  got off from my bed  and saw the shocking news in facebook.

The image of Subrahmanya was seen saying some thing to me about his death.
"Suresa did you not know I have left ? "

I just couldn't get up from my bed for a few minutes holding my phone tight in my hand.Then I was checking for the contacts in Mulleria luckily I got Sakharam Shenoy and he confirmed the news.

He said it all happened in a span of one week and there was no serious symptoms.Later Sri Hari Mulleria called me to inform the news.

I came in contact with him as a co-player in Jai Hind Arts & Sports Club.Both of us had a strong passion for the game.We were very close to each other.While travelling to participate in tournaments we used to sit together.We had some nice time together.For a long period of time we two opened bowling for JHC Mulleria as both of us were bowling medium pace.

I can still remember his deadly bowling at Neerchal removing three good batsmen for duck in the first over.I was not with him for some reasons during his memoriable quick fire innings at Thalippadappu Ground with the bat.He was so dangerous with the ball as Sri Jagdeeesh (Who already left us years back) was hit by ball on his fore head and had a narrow escape.Who can forget his five wicket haul against Kubannur Uppala with the Red Cherry in his hand.

He didn’t have many friends.He was short & Soft spoken.Very good at nature.He didn't have any bad habits.Which was really surprising because he started to earn money in his early twenties and had plenty of pocket money But he Iived very neat dig nified life.

He was very handsome guy in his early days stongly built with shirt tugged in and hair neatly combed.I copied his hair style in my teanage.

I was a proud young man with iron powder in my hand  to help my science teacher to do an experiment to show the magnetic field around a magnet. Man behind my achievement was Subrahmanya who took great pain to grind iron in his workshop.

He started his career discontinuing his education helping his father in his house for the traditional works.Then he joined a work shop at Kasaragod and earned himself a name in that work.Later he started a workshop at Mulleria After marriage started a very quiet life at Manimoole.

He was just like a big brother for me.He used to visit my house in the evening spending time with my father.He had special care on me.I was an introvert young boy in the team.He accompanied me to Thalasseri when I was selected in the collage team.

One day I had a threat from an outsider, for reason that my bat accidently hit his sons head and badly injured him.I was shocked to see that during late night Subrahmanya was patrolling in front of my house to see that no untoward incident happen.

These thing happen when we are young.Of late we merge ourselves into our life activities. Subrahmanya was no exception.He was busy with his family affairs.

We were planning to have a get together which we still can have.But disappointing factor is that he will not be with us.

He is survived by his wife and two children and he has a loving mother.

I join with the sorrow of the family.May the departed soul rest in peace………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment