Friday, June 14, 2013

ANANTHA PAI KUMBLE

Sri Anantha Pai having a discussion with Anil Kumble 

It was a shocking news on Mathrubhoomi daily.Sri Anantha Pai an eminent personality in Kumbla passed away.My wife went screaming in disbeleave,I couldn’t react and say anything, for the news is far from reality as far as I am concerned. A confident man with a pleasing character bold in speech as usually found in people of Konkani cast a congress man but always respected by all the three major political parties. He too as every person in his caste is a business man having his own buildings in the heart of the Kumbla Town, he runs an oil mill and he is a Manager of a Pre University College where hundreds of children get their education. An  devotee of Lord Gopla Krishna of Kanipura .He often than always  is seen in the Temple in the morning.He liked lord Venkatramana as is evident from his ring tone in his moblile,Venkataramana Govinda  Sankata Harana Govinda…………
I was working at Kumbla Grama Panchayath three years back. I had to issue a legal notice against             Sri Anantha Pai for proceeding with a construction without obtaining permission from the Panchayat.I was expecting a furious Anantha Pai in the office at any time. But much for my surprise he turned up cool as cucumber with traditional salute in the office. He briefed the circumstances under which the construction had to be proceeded and agreed to pause the work for a while. He obtained the permit within a fortnight and the work was resumed. From there I had a great respect for Pai.We used to share some view about the political scenario and much for my surprise he knew even the minute issues in the Panchayath, even if he is not directly involved with Panchayath administration.After some time our relationship became much stronger and it grown up to brotherly relationship.In Kumbla I could share my difficulties with Pai and he advised me just like a big brother.I think people pray in front of God for their own benefit. How great are they who prey to god for other people.For me Pai was such a man.He took me to a Preist in Manglore. And directed me to go to Venkatramana Temple in Udupi and to perform some poojas.Pai wished my well being and never failed to enquire about the well being of all my family members. Often I fealt uneasy on his courtier  behavior toward me.Because I was wondering why he is giving me so much consideration.He offered Ragi malt from the near by Bakery and sipping the malt we covered a lot of subjects.
Unfortunately my inhibition prevented me from keeping the relation after I transferred from Kumbla.He could have  lot of enemies in Kumbla that is natural for a public worker but for me he is an unbelievable personality.Last time when we met he requested me to have a dinner in his house and asserted on the presence of my wife along with me for the dinner.But that was not to be..........
It is heard that hectic election campaign work in the forthcoming Bank election had a bad effect on his health. Any way I have to accept the harsh reality
May his soul rest in peace…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment