Saturday, February 26, 2011

PAI UNCLE AMAR RAHE.........

Yes ,Pai Uncle the creator of AMAR CHTRA KATHA Sri Ananth Pai passed away day before yesterday.I was influenced very much with the Amar Chitra Katha when I was young.Many Puranic,Historic Stories was introduced in a simple way with drawings.I used to wait eagerly every fortnight to read new stories through amar chitra katha.I used to search my fathers bag when he return from the office.He will keep it a suspense to rise my eagerness.Most of the occassion I can find a story book like Poombatta,Balarama or Amar Chitra Katha.I can still smell the beetle leave smell of my fathers bag because he had a habit of chewing beetle leaves.My heart will fill with joy on finding the book and will engage in reading soon.Some of the stories I still remember was Khatolgaja,Prdyumnan,Akbar,Rasiya Sultana etc. Anantha Pai even tried a tough subject like Bhagavad Geetha in the form of Chitra Katha for younsters.Even my mother used to enjoy the stories those days.He had done a great job I think because now a days grantmothers stories are rare.May be because of small family background.Children have no time to listen to grandmas.They hardly get time to complete their home work.The time they get they spare for playing Cricket or some games like that.Not to say tha Importance of these stories.One could learn the wast cultural heritage of our mother Land.I know there will be many people in India who will be thankful to Sri Anantha Pai.That will for sure will fetch heavenly glory for Pai Uncle.May his soul rest in peace.PAI UNCLE AMAR RAHE......................

No comments:

Post a Comment