Sunday, January 30, 2011

GET TOGETHER AT CHERUKARA


Today I attended Veterence Association Gettogether function of retired Government Servents being held at Cherukara a beautiful village in Vellamunda of Wayanad District.The function was held in the residence of Sri Gangadharan a retired Co Operative Bank Manager. I have attended the meeting as Guest of Veterence Association and as host.This is because I stay occassionally in that house with my family.

The function got started at 11.00 A M under the Presidentship of Sri Mangalasseri Madhavan Nair a retired Teacher.Three eminent personalities Smt Beena,a resident of Vellamunda who bagged National Teachers Award,Sri jayaraj of Vellamunda who was recently promoted as Regional Deputy Director of Higher Secondary Schools,Sri Karunakaran Master a retired teacher and radio drama artist were Honoured.I have got an opertunity to deliver a felicitation speech.Being the Secretary of the Grama Panchayath and a person from Kasaragod District I was blessed with this chance,more over I was residing in that house.

I could see in Vellamunda lot of retired hands are engaged in socialwork in different feilds.Some of them are Mangalasseri Narayanaan Nair(Ponnuvettan),Sri Antony retired KSEB Engineer,Sri Chandran Master Retired HS Teacher,M Sreedharan Nair a retired Bank Manager and many many Teachers.Of course there were family members accompanying their dear ones.Most of the faces are familiar to me.It was very refresing to note that the retired hands are enjoing their life which inspired me with the hope that I too can enjoy like that in future.Mainly because being a serviceperson there are some restrictions for social work but after reirement one can proceed on his own way .There is no barriors or restrictions or sensoring.Both my parents are retired employees I know better about their feelings and emotions.

Cherukara is a beautiful village with a well known library and wast cultural heritage.It is a cultural centre with diverse people living together.There are Tribes,Ambala Vasies,Employees,Artists,Politicians,Social workers.We can find any sort of people in the Village.Who knows only to love.They show lot of affections to even strangers and they have all the formalities to win the heart of even strangers.I thing this is the benefit of keeping the Village traditions.In many parts of Kerala we love Arban Culture and we are fastly moving towards our goal.Here almost all the people assemble and help free of cost for any functions.Here unlike in other parts they dont want drinks or costly non vegitarian food.They treat this as their duty.Cherukra is actially a Valukara becase of all these.It is like a Village we only heard in Stories and Novels.

It was ironically the 25th Wedding Aniversary of Sri Gangadherettan and Prasannechi.They have two girls.One of them is married.I was treated just as one among their family members and I too was very comfortable in that house.They are very religious,vegitarians.And I was really surprised with the way in which they conduct Bhajans every evening and keep their house clean and tidy and obsorve all the traditions with atmost care.
In the whole the Gangadharettans family,Cherukara and Veterens Associaltion get together was a nice experiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment